This was in the botanical gardens itself. Funny I thought there would be more flowers, but I was a bit dissapointed in that. Once we got in amongst the plants it was very muggy and hot.
So we walked back on this boardwalk - always looks a little spooky to me! Notice how the old leaves lie on the ground and decompose to form mulch.
On the right of this photo is a paperbark tree - they grow huge, but this one is a small one. Paperbark has been used for lots of things including making boats.


Beautiful gardens! I'll have to visit... someday.
ReplyDeleteHi, my first time here, followed you from RO. I've known Cairns from people who have been there, and my Australian friend said it is the hybbid ot Sydney and The Philippines. He want its climate among all places he has been to. I can see that all the vegetation are same as here, and i just imagine that the temperatures are lower and maybe not very humid. How lovely those gardens are! I wish i can see it also one day, as with my only visit to Australia the farthest i've bee is Sydney to Coffs Habour. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteThis is an incredible garden!!! My idea of perfection...but it looks like there are some mosquitos hiding in there:)
ReplyDelete